Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Introducing Bernadette! Blog Introduction

My first post in my new little corner of google. It's me, Bernadette! Most people call me "Laura" but Bernadette is one of my real names. I was named after 3 wonderful, beautiful, fabulous in every way grandmothers.

I plan on writing a bit about these grandmothers Laura, Louise, and Bernadette as well as others who's names could not fit on my birth certificate, otherwise they would have been there. Laura is actually a very old family name, many wonderful women going back many generations in my family have been named Laura so I am very proud to have been given this name. I have been doing quite a bit of genealogical research lately and I have found it quite interesting, to say the least. I look forward to writing a bit about that, here.

The other things that I love and plan to write about are many beautiful things from the past. Antiques, art, poetry, heirlooms, you name it. Something that I really, really love is to find something and then discover that it has a "story" behind it, a history, as many old things do. They have been treasured, and loved, and protected, carried from place to place.

Many times things are passed down from one person to another with a loving intention or something is created and given with a loving intention and then passed on and on, and so it goes. These are the sort of things that I love. Sometimes I pick up an old bowl or teacup or thimble and I get a good feeling from the object, sometimes the opposite. Almost as if some of that energy, whether it be positive or negative has sort of "stuck" to the object or item.. anyway, I could go on and on about this and I do....and I will.... :)